John is a highly experienced dentist known for his gentle manner and genuine care of his patients.
He graduated in Dentistry from the University of Adelaide, the city where he grew up. He began his dental career working as a dentist in the RAAF before making the move to private practice, arriving in Nelson Bay in 1994. He has continued to enjoy the chance to build strong ongoing relationships with his patients and their families over this time.
John is a long standing member of the Australian Dental Association (ADA) and regularly attends courses and lectures to further his own knowledge and skill base.
He places great value on prevention based dentistry and supports and guides his patients in their dental care decisions. He has a special interest, and extensive experience, in implant restorations and treats most aspects of family dentistry.
John is married with two daughters. Outside of work hours he serves the local community through his involvement with Rotary, as well as enjoying any opportunity to play the piano, spend a little time gardening and play the occasional round of golf.
Dr. John Cropley's Latest Articles
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid For Healthy Teeth
- What Is Considered A Dental Emergency? Plus What You Should Do In One
- Is The White Tissue In Your Tooth Extraction Site A Good Or A Bad Sign?
- Root Canal Treatment: What To Expect
- What Is A Dental Crown? The Procedure & When You Need One
- Dentophobia: A Dentist Explains How To Deal With The Fear
- Tooth Abscess: Why You Definitely Need To See Your Dentist
- How Often Should Adults, Children Or Pregnant Women Visit The Dentist?
- Why is Oral Health So Important?
- Tooth Brushing for Children
- Is Dental Fear Affecting Your Family?